Iglesia Ni Cristo Chapel in Minchinbury NSW

Located along the Great Western Highway in Minchinbury, the Iglesia Ni Cristo (Church of Christ) was built in 1996. It houses one of the largest congregations of the Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) in Australia which has its Central Office based in the Philippines. The church building architecture features the unique characteristics of INC church buildings in the Philippines and other countries built from ground up.

Ebenezer Church, oldest Christian church in Australia

The Ebenezer

Oldest Christian church in Australia. The Ebenezer Church in Wilberforce, Hawkesbury

The Ebenezer Church on the banks of the Hawkesbury in Ebenezer is believed to be the oldest Christian church building in Australia.
The church was built by early settlers in 1809 according to the church website (ebenezerchurch.org.au). The church was the first non-conformist Presbyterian Church in Australia and considered a pioneer in education in the colony, beginning a school in 1810. The church is the oldest extant school building in Australia. Ebenezer is located 69 kilometres north-west of Sydney and about 5 kilometres from the larger centre of Wilberforce. It sits on the banks of the Hawkesbury River

The China Garden at the Nurragingy Park in Doonside

Shades of Migration in Oz

The new Chang Lai Garden at the Nurragingy Park in Doonside is a testimony to the Australian-Chinese relations, notably the sisterhood of Blacktown City Council and the Liaocheng Municipal Government.

The garden is named the Chang Lai Yuan. This name has been derived by adopting one character from each of the names of Dongchang, the former name of Liaocheng in ancient times, and Blacktown which in Chinese is translated as Bu Lai Ke Cheng. Yuan is the Chinese translation for garden.

The Gallipoli Mosque in Auburn

Shades of Migration in Oz

The Gallipoli Mosque in Auburn is a landmark familiar to many Muslims, particularly Turkish-Australians. T

he Gallipoli Mosque is an Ottoman-style mosque right in Auburn. The first mosque on the same site opened in 1979 but the present mosque as we see now was opened in 1999. The mosque is named after the Gallipoli campaign during World War I which is considered a turning point in the history of relations between Australia and Turkey.